Friday, January 18, 2013

IE Reviews Blood Of Requiem

After scouring seemingly every shelf, I finally came across an epic fantasy novel that caught my attention and held it. I love epic fantasy but I'm picky about it. Some of my favorite authors were Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and Anne McCaffrey, not easy standards to hold up to even now. But Blood of Requiem did that and then some. Here is my review:

From the first pulse-pounding page to the last, this book seized my attention and refused to let it go. While gritty and bold, it still manages to bestow a vulnerability that makes it's characters corporeal and sympathetic. This novels brings dragons back into the spotlight in a brilliant way. Mr. Arenson has made a fan out of me, which is no easy feat. I can hardly wait to read the next novel. I recommend this novel for those who enjoy rich descriptions, a lot of action, and of course, dragons. I don't recommend it for younger readers or the faint of heart. 

Here is a bit about it: 
Long ago stood the kingdom of Requiem, a land of men who could grow wings and scales, breathe fire, and take flight as dragons. Requiem ruled the sky.

But Dies Irae, a tyrant leading an army of griffins, hunted Requiem's people, burned their forests, and shattered their temples. Requiem fell. This ancient land now lies in ruin, its halls crumbled, its cries silenced, its skeletons littering the burned earth.

In the wilderness, a scattering of survivors lives in hiding. The griffins still hunt them, and every day promises death. Will Requiem's last children perish in exile... or once more become dragons and fly to war?

At only .99 cents it's a steal. I will happily pay more for the sequel! You can find it at: 

~Heather

Author of the paranormal Earth-conscious channeler series: Born of Fire (FREE novella), The Secret of Spruce KnollChanneler's ChoiceRise of a Rector, the historical fantasy, To Ride A Puca, and coming next month, The Dragon Empire. Heather also has stories in the following anthologies: In His Eyes (FREE) and Winter Wonders

2 comments: