Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Honest In-Depth Review of The Secret of Spruce Knoll

Jessica Torres over at the book review blog Hopelessly devoted Bibliophile, just released an honest in-depth review of The Secret of Spruce Knoll. Here is a small snippet of it:

Jessica: When Heather McCorkle first contacted me to read The Secret of Spurce Knoll, I was enamored with the synopsis. Any book that deals with magic in a real world setting takes my heart instantly. Why? Well perhaps I'm a dreamer, but I like to think it's really out there somewhere. Who knows. People like Eren could be living somewhere and we'd never even know it! I digress though. Let's get on to the review!

Let's start with what I really liked about this book. Eren's character was fascinating to me from the beginning. Partially because of her new found abilities, but also because of her dual heritage. See, Heather McCorkle has created a character that has both Mayan and Irish background. Of course this causes all sorts of problems for her in the long run. The society in which Eren has found herself has very clear lines drawn between the four heritages that occupy it. What is a girl to do who doesn't really fall on either side? Cue dramatic tension, and some fantastic world building.



To read the remainder of the review and discover what else Jessica enjoyed (and what she didn't) click here

No comments:

Post a Comment