Okay, let me start by saying that Judith and I did NOT plan out our posts. But, as it is November...and we are both doing NaNoWriMo, I guess it is no surprise that we both decided to post on the same topic.
This post, however, is a 5-point survival guide:
- Stock the fridge with leftovers so the kids and spouse can survive without you! Then make certain everyone knows you are writing a novel...yes, and entire NOVEL...in November.
- Outline if you want; but only, No one cares if this draft is a train wreck of epic proportions. That's for December and beyond. You need to only care about wordage!
- ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING. Just saying. Oh! And certainly NO DELETING. Seriously!!!
- Find writerly buds. This is so much more fun with friends!
- Set daily goals. If you miss then, adjust. And keep adjusting to stay on track
There you are, my tricks for finishing. The only thing left is to sign up. And if you do, I'm ChristineF. Buddy me.
PS - I am actually NOT starting NaNo until this weekend. Right now I am knee deep in edits.