Monday, May 20, 2013

IE Reviews: Lightning Rider

I've joined NetGalley as a reviewer and my first read was one that impressed me! The fantasy novel Lightning Rider by debut author Jen Greyson (published by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House) was one I couldn't resist. Here is my official review:

The stunning cover drew me in but the characters and writing style are what kept me captivated. A kick-butt bike-building latino chick who can both wield and ride lightning into the past, what's not to love? Evy's hesitance and imperfections made her perfect in a lot of ways for me. The tension, and magnetism, between her and the Roman warrior Constantine is smoking hot (and for adults only). While it ended a bit abruptly for me with a few too many loose ends waiting for another book (and I'm one who doesn't mind an open-ended book normally), I still enjoyed it well enough that I will purchase and read the next novel in the series. I look forward to it!

This novel has not yet released but you can add it to your Goodreads lists to remind yourself! Trust me, you don't want to miss this one if you enjoy good adult fantasy.




~Heather 

Author of the paranormal Earth-conscious channeler series: Born of Fire (FREE novella), Fire With Fire, The Secret of Spruce KnollChanneler's ChoiceRise of a Rector, the historical fantasy, To Ride A Puca, and the epic fantasy The Dragon Empire. Heather also has stories in the following anthologies: In His Eyes (FREE) and Winter Wonders

8 comments:

  1. actually it's for sale at bn.com. it's a whopping $8.99 so I have to wait til payday (I blew my gift card already for e-books! LOL!)

    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lightning-rider-jen-greyson/1114121971?ean=9781612131801

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent! It's one of the rare few that I would pay that much for. :)

      Delete
    2. Sweetest comment ever. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you liked Evy (and Constantine, ohhhh Constantine :)

    Thank you SO much for taking the time to read and review Lightning Rider. I really really appreciate it.

    I just found out there's a pre-order link on Kobo too! (I guess kobo works with all readers??) But it's not as cheap as it is on B&N...hoping everyone will price match that so it's the same price for everyone.

    Kbelden, I hope it's worth the wait!!

    Here's the kobo link:
    http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Lightning-Rider/book-mXyKfgdrVEi_mUsmRkxsEA/page1.html?s=XP7gMnZjnk6VobYZbzl3kw&r=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, how sweet of you to stop by! Thank you! And thanks for the link! I enjoyed it so much, can't wait for the next one. Constantine was delicious!

      Delete
    2. Next one is due out January 7, 2014, but I'm thinking about releasing a couple shorts in between to make the wait seem shorter. I'll keep ya posted.

      And thanks again!!

      Delete
  3. Love the cover. And story looks intriguing. Must add to the TBR pile. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very unique, I loved it for that~among other reasons!

      Delete