Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review Of Open Minds In Prep For Launch Party

Time to pour the champagne and pull out the noise makers because the virtual launch party for Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn is almost here! In celebration we've brought you a fantastic review by our very own Heather McCorkle.

Heather's Review: Wow. It seems woefully inadequate, but that is the first word that comes to mind when I think of this book. I was blown away. This is one of those books readers devour and authors wish they had written.

Imagine a world where everyone can read each others minds. Being able to read minds and send thoughts is the norm. Gives you the shivers doesn't it? Kira is what is called a zero. She can't read minds or send thoughts which makes her an outcast, someone with no future. But it turns out Kira is something entirely different, and unexpected.

I inhaled this book. The writing is compelling and the world building is done so natural and seamless that I was immersed from the very first page. And the characters, both wonderful and flawed, drew me in the moment I met them. I can hardly wait for a sequel! This is on my list of best books of 2011. I hope you'll join us in celebration with Susan during the launch party which starts November 1st.

2 comments:

  1. Party Hosts are mesh! Thanks so much for the lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OPEN MINDS give the term "going from zero to sixty" a whole new meaning. Kira's rise from a nothing to "the one," captivated me. I'm jazzed to be part of the launch festivities.

    ReplyDelete